A private small group after-school program serving Audubon Park School K-5 students
Afternoons at Emmanuel offers aftercare with compassion, structure and professionalism.
Busy families’ schedules don’t always line up with the school day. We want to help by taking care of students while parents finish off their busy days!
with a smaller group,
We want to make sure each student can build a strong community, getting to know one another and our staff.
a loving staff,
Our staff are committed to making sure students feel welcome and surrounded with care while they walk through each day’s program schedule.
and a spiritual base.
Students have regular spiritual care as befits a Christian ministry. The parish’s priest, Fr. David, helps lead chapel at least once a week!
- The program coincides with the school schedule from August to May. Hours are 3:00pm – 6:00pm Monday thru Friday with Wednesday starting at 2:00pm
- Small group program with a maximum student-teacher ratio of 10:1 and limited 40 students a day allows your child to receive monitoring and care that is not attainable in larger aftercare programs
- Safety – a hot button with good reason! Your children’s safety is our number one priority. Our campus is secured through locked gates including a locked front entrance to prevent any unauthorized access to the campus
- Structured aftercare program with scheduled time for homework, snack and play helping your child to grow into confident and successful students in a loving and nurturing environment that follow the basic principle of our Emmanuel community.
- The program is operated by caring and conscientious staff members that passed a Level 2 background check
- Our program is accredited by Florida League of Christian Schools (FLOCS certification #46449) to give you the confidence that we are committed to quality care
- Our web-based parent portal allows for easy management in your relationship with Afternoons at Emmanuel
- Tuition – $20 per day – $80 per week
- Registration Fee – $80
Starting at 3:00pm, 3 hour timeframe M, T, Th, F; 4 hour timeframe Wednesday.
- 5-15 minutes: Pick-up from APS. Gather studetns at muster point, take attendance, confirm absentees with front office, walk to Emmanuel with front lead & rear follow-up using crosswalks.
- 15 minutes: Supervised bathroom break for K-2nd grades while 3rd-5th grades eat snack
- 15 minutes: Supervised bathroom break for 3rd-5th grades while K-2nd eat snack
- 30-45 minutes: Connections- relationship building, prayer time, music, games, crafts
- 30-45 minutes: Movement- physical exercise on playground or courtyard
- 30-45 minutes: Homework/Quiet Acitivy- board games, drawing, reading
- 15 minutes: student pack-up, clean-up, room reset
Schedule for extra hour on Wednesday:
- 30 minutes of Chapel and Devotion with Fr. David Bumsted
- 15 additional minutes of Movement time
- 15 additional minutes of Homework/Quiet Activity time
Afternoons at Emmanuel is excited to offer camp days for parents of students that need an activity for the OCPS teacher work days and holiday’s. It’s an environment where we encourage our children in faith, friendship, and flourishing.
Hours: 8:30 am to 6:00pm
Tuition: $60/day per student*
*Students enrolled in the after-school program receive a $10 discount per camp day
**Please bring lunch and a refillable water bottle. Snacks will be provided.
Like everyone, COVID has made an impact on how we conduct business. Therefore, if we do not meet a minimum enrollment, the camp day may have to be canceled. Register early to ensure we have the numbers to confirm the date!
CLICK HERE to get started whether you are new to Afternoons or a returning student!
Camp is scheduled for the following days:
October 30, 2020 (Friday) – This date is confirmed! Look forward to seeing everyone!
November 23, 2019 (Monday)
November 24, 2019 (Tuesday)
November 25, 2020 (Wednesday)
December 21, 2020 (Monday)
December 22, 2020 (Tuesday)
December 23, 2020 (Wednesday)
December 28, 2020 (Monday)
December 29, 2020 (Tuesday)
December 30, 2020 (Wednesday)
January 4, 2021 (Monday)
January 18, 2021 (Monday)
February 15, 2021 (Monday)
March 12, 2021 (Friday)
May 26, 2021 (Wednesday)
May 27, 2021 (Thursday)
May 28, 2021 (Friday)
New to Afternoons?
Click here to submit your registration!
Use the form below to sign up for a camp